Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Caramel and Choc-Chip Cupcakes!

So I baked for the first time this year! Today's menu consisted of caramel cupcakes and chocolate chip cupcakes - yum. They took me a couple of hours all together which kept me busy over lunchtime. I got the recipes from my beloved 'The Cupcake' book from Love Food. If you're new to baking and want to make some gorgeous cupcakes, this book will amaze you - deffo go and buy it!

Caramel Cupcakes

(Apologies for the horrific photo quality)

These were really easy to make and contain nutmeg and golden syrup for an extra tasty flavour. The topping to me is very unusual, it has a texture similar to that of melted marshmallows and consists of light brown sugar, an egg white and a pinch of cream of tartar. The topping was more difficult but I think they turned out great!

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes


Again, another really easy one to make, in the book this didn't have a topping but that's my favourite part so I did a simple plain chocolate and double cream frosting to go on top. A simple cupcake recipe with chocolate chips folded into the mixture, great for beginners. 

Okay, that's me for the day!

Lates,

Jess X

2 comments:

  1. Those look so yummy - I wish I had an interest in baking. I'd like to wave a magic wand and cupcakes just appear out of nowhere, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks, they were delicious! I never thought I'd get into baking because I have no patience, but I find it surprisingly relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete